April 19, 2011

Things to Remember

So instead of doing a monthly letter I decided I'd just do a things to remember list for Santi each month, since he's changing every day!


Santi at 13 months old:

Santi, I want to remember a few things about you this month and I know if I don't write them down then I will forget them. There are so many things that you do that amaze me, and some of them you have only done once or twice so far. I know I won't be able to recall all of these little things after I've sent you off to school for the first time, see you go on a date, hug you after you get your heart broken, pack you up and send you off to college, see your face when you tell me you've met the person you're going to marry, watch you get married and dance with you on that day, or see you hold your first child. Life is full of so many moments, and while some stand out more than others, the little moments are just as important as the big ones.

1. You have some new words this month! Baby, Boon (spoon) and Pane (plane) are the biggest of them.

2. You have started wiggling your head back and forth when you want to be cute, or when you get "caught" doing something. Sometimes, if you're trying to play with the knobs on the CD player, we'll say "Santi..." and you'll look at us and cock your head from one side to the other and smile at us. It's like you're saying "What? Oh, I was just dancing." :) Sometimes in your attempt to "dance" though, you'll be walking and fall over from swinging your head around too much!

3. You like to try and use the spoon yourself. You're just practicing, so you're not going to get any awards for coordination, but you are stubborn and really like to try. Even if the food falls off before the spoon gets to your mouth.

4. When you don't like a food, you clamp your mouth shut. But sometimes, when you want to try something, you'll keep your mouth shut, and lean your face forward towards the spoon and put your lips (still closed) on the spoon and then pull your head back and smack your lips. You usually smile a goofy smile at me while you do this. And more often than naught, you will end up eating the food.

5. You are starting to love snuggling. Sometimes I'll pick you up from your crib to bring you over to change your diaper, and you'll snuggle into me. I usually hold you just a little bit longer and snuggle you because I like it as much as you do.

Thanks for all that makes you "you" Santi. Happy 13 months!

No comments: