April 10, 2011

Feeling the urge...

To purge! Spring has arrived, even if the weather here in Seattle isn't showing it. I've decided that our house needs a good spring cleaning. Since I don't have the time during the day to do everything, my plan is to tackle one room each day during Santi's nap time. We have 8 rooms in our place (living room, dining room, kitchen, two bathrooms, office, Santi's room and our room.) We also have a storage closet on our porch, a pantry closet and a laundry closet.

So I plan on going through everything - making sure everything is touched, cleaned off, purged if necessary, and organized. I will donate/consign clothes, and get rid of some of the clutter that is in our place.

My plan is to also create a binder for coupons, and create our emergency kit during the next month. We have an emergency kit but it's really just a box filled with stuff, but it's not realistic because we couldn't grab it and go if needed. So I've designated a duffle bag that we have and am working on a list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see. The best i can say its schedule everything you wanna do. Trying to put in order of priorities the 8 rooms at home and check the list each time you finish one of the homeworks. It´s really cool when you see your list at the end complete. Also, interesting to read about Feeling the urge* noticing that i´m not the only one who have urge* of clean up and be prepare for any situation :) GOOD LUCK MY DEAR!