April 28, 2011

Purging

I don't know about you, but I have a ton of magazines around the house. You know those ones - you pick them up and save them in an attempt to one day make the recipes out of them, or read that article, etc. And then, months later, they're still sitting there, taking up space, and most importantly, not being read? Yeah, I had a bunch sitting on my nightstand. So I decided to tackle them all one day while Santi was napping.

The stack - I'm going in!

I went through each magazine, and when I found a recipe I liked, or an article I wanted to read, I just tore it out. I made separate piles for each type (articles in one, recipes in another, tips in another...)







After I was done dividing and conquering, I was left with a huge stack of magazines that I brought to the recycling bin. And then I got to work on the things I ripped out. I divided the recipes into type and put them into my recipe binder (to be copied down onto the recipe cards later) and then set to work on the articles. I paper clipped them together if needed, and then put all of the articles and tips into a flexible folder with tabs labeled with each article type (diet, tips, etc.)

And now I'm happy to say I have a huge empty space next to my bed now and my articles are nicely organized in my flexible folder. My rule is that if I haven't read them in a month, I will recycle them as well.

No comments: