April 25, 2011

Cleaning out and organizing

So the first rooms I decided to conquer were the bathrooms, because 1. they're the smallest rooms, and 2. they were the easiest. It was a way to ease into the purging and organizing.

First up was the master bathroom. Here are some before photos:











And here's the after, after purging some products that were expired, bottles that were basically empty, some hair accessories that I never wear, and organizing like items together:













Then I moved to the guest bathroom. This was much easier since it's Santi's bathroom and all he has are some bath toys, towels and teeny tiny facecloths. Other than that it's a hodge podge area of some medications, cleaning supplies, extra toilet paper and cat stuff since the litter box is in there. Here are the before photos:








And after only about 20 minutes, here are the after photos:











I was able to switch out a stand I'd had in the bedroom for the wire shelf in this bathroom. I put the wire stand in the master bathroom for storage. And I was able to free up space (since it is a guest bathroom, guests can put their things in there when they visit if they want) and allow for some breathing space.

I'm so happy with these two rooms! I'm sick today so there is no organizing happening, but tomorrow the plan is to tackle the hall closet and office area.

What have you been doing for spring cleaning?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! You're inspiring me to get my spring cleaning done. I was actually just working on organizing the kitchen...so I'm definitely in the 'cleaning mode' right now! :)

Kate Wilke said...

From an old roomate --
I remember when you used to "tidy-up" our house every morning and put each of my toiletries back in its place! Good to see you haven't changed (in nearly 10 yrs)!

I need you to come an re-organize my house now...