April 11, 2011

Internet Love

So I read a lot of blogs throughout the day when Santi is napping and when I'm having some down time for myself. Thought I'd share some of my favorite things:

  • This is a great post about how to be The Best Baby Visitor. While our experience home with Santi was a little different, as he didn't come home from the hospital until he was 2 weeks old, and we were blessed with friends who visited but none who overstayed the visit, I think this article is good for all to read just in case they haven't been through the first baby visit yet, or maybe didn't know what else there was to do to  help.
  • I love organizing things. I think if I could make this my job, I would. I love the look of an organized closet, cabinets, etc. It just makes me feel better and calmer. I can't stand chaos, or disorganization. I also love Young House Love and they recently posted about organizing their closet. I'm jealous not only because of the amount of closet they have in comparison to mine, but also Sherry's shoes! :)
  • I'm a fan of cute things, and these bow tie paper clips from Jessica over at How About Orange are cute. And while I haven't made them, they look super easy to make!
  • I just sent out Thank You notes for Santi's birthday party. I think I did pretty well considering they were sent out three weeks after his birthday. Life gets busy when you have a one year old. I love sending and receiving notes though. And, as documented on this blog, I've written a letter to Santi every month he's been in existence to document his accomplishments each month. So this post from over at Rants From Mommyland regarding thank you notes and letters to children really resonated with me, and put a little smile on my face.

No comments: