April 12, 2011

Easter Ideas!

Easter is now just about a week away - are you ready? We don't do a big Easter dinner here, like with Thanksgiving and Christmas. We usually get a roaster chicken, make some sides and call it good. We don't eat pork in this household, so a ham would be out of the question.

Tito and I have done Easter baskets for one another since our first year dating, which was *gulp* 10 years ago. Tito had never heard of Easter baskets, Easter egg hunts, etc. before he met me, because it's just not done in Peru. Down there, Easter is all about the religious aspect, not the basket full of candy,or the bunny bringing you some chocolate eggs stuff. So, of course, I needed to fill him in on this wonderful tradition, and introduce him to my favorite Easter friends - Cadbury cream eggs and marshmallow Peeps.



Now, we bought an Easter basket for Santiago (and have the original ones we used for one another 10 years ago for us), but if we hadn't, I'd certainly be up for these - in fact, I might do these next year because they're just too cute! I found these over at Small Fry & Co. How cute are they?



I also love to make something fun with Peeps. I mean, they're ok to eat on their own, but having them with something or in something is better, right? 
  • Or if you're feeling ambitious, how about this Peeps Sunflower Cake from Noble Pig?
Whatever you choose to do for Easter this year, I hope you have a great one! Enjoy it with friends, family, or your "Peeps!"

No comments: