March 13, 2010

Update

I was going to do my 38 week update yesterday, but life got ahead of me!

Just to keep you all updated, I'm in the hospital now! Went in for an appointment yesterday and turns out I have preeclampsia, so they admitted me and they're clearing my system of the one blood thinner I was on and they'll start inducing me tomorrow. So it looks like our little guy will be here Monday or Tuesday depending on how fast the labor progresses!

We have a theory that since this little guy will be a teeny, tiny bit Irish (I'm about a finger's worth Irish) that he wanted to be here to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! So today we're just waiting around. They put me on a heparin drip for anti-coagulation and magnesium for the preeclampsia. That's not fun...makes me feel flushed randomly and hot, but it's ok. A little dizzy sometimes, but ok.

The real work begins tomorrow when we get to start the process of meeting our little boy!

No comments: