March 14, 2010

Another update...

As my favorite quote says "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans..."

The Cervidil didn't work. Or, should I say, it worked a little TOO well. After being on it for about 3.5 hours, I was contracting pretty strongly. About two minutes apart, and without any real break during the downtime. And the baby did not like that. It was causing his heartrate to dip into the 80's and 90's. They had me switch to laying on one side, then to the other. Then the doc came in and decided that they needed to remove the Cervidil because it was causing too much stress for the baby. So they took it out, and examined me and there was no real change in my cervix. They finally got the babies heartrate back up into the 140's and things were looking good. A couple more doctors came in, they gave me oxygen, and they said they were going to talk to my doc about putting me on Pitocin or doing a c-section. They all left and the nurse took off the oxygen.

A few minutes went by and they all sort of rushed back in because I was having more contractions. Oxygen went back on. About 5 docs were in here, along with the nurse. Baby's heartrate was dipping again and they couldn't find it and then they pulled out the ultrasound to try and find it. Fortunately, they found it with the monitor and it came up gradually. A few minutes later the docs left, and then two came back in and said they'd talked with my doc and he said that he didn't think putting me on Pitocin would do anything to change my cervix, so they decided the safest thing to do would be to have a c-section. And rather than rushing me in now in an emergent way, they wanted to get me stable, get the baby stable and take me off the Heparin to get my levels down and then do the c-section. So tomorrow morning, at about 6am, they're coming in to prep me for the c-section, and then at about 8:30 he should be here. We're having a low key last night, with Tito eating my dinner (since I can't eat any real food tonight) and watching The Amazing Race. Tomorrow morning, everything changes!

2 comments:

Sense said...

wow, this is very exciting!! thanks for all the updates! good luck and I hope everyone stays well and relaxed and healthy!! congratulations, early!

Heather (Laptops to Lullabies) said...

Hooray! I can't waaaaaait for the next update, when we get to meet your little guy! Best of luck!