February 3, 2010

Grrr...

So my baby shower is this weekend, and I'd realized after trying to squeeze into a cute empire waisted dress of mine that I can not fit into non-maternity dresses any longer. So I broke down and bought a new dress from Motherhood Maternity online. Mostly because I have better luck getting sale prices online. And going into the Motherhood Maternity store annoys me because the sales girls are all young, pretty, thin and follow me around too much. It's too much sales attention in there in my opinion.

So I ordered it on 1/26. Got a confirmation email that said it would be shipped in one business day. They gave me a tracking number. I checked it daily and there was no information. Then two days ago, finally there was info that said it had been delivered to the shipping place in NJ. So I had some hope. Then yesterday and today the info was the same. So I just called them to find out where it was and if it would be here by Friday so I could wear it Saturday morning, and they said it had been backordered and didn't ship out until 2/1 and they said it was sent with standard shipping and probably wouldn't be here by Friday. Grr...

So I called the local Motherhood Maternity store and thank goodness they had the dress and in my size (especially good since it's clearanced now and makred down for $20 less than I paid for it!) So they have it on hold for me and I'm picking it up tomorrow after work hopefully! I'll feel better when it's in my hands! So I called motherhood.com and they said they couldn't cancel the order since it was in transit. And that when it got here, I could return it at the store. Not ideal since they only give store credit and I'm only going to be pregnant for a short amount of time more and won't be needing stuff for that long! So there is a chance I can fight them for a full refund, but we'll see....

Here's the dress that I'll hopefully wear!

3/4 Sleeve Belted Maternity Dress

2 comments:

Heather (Laptops to Lullabies) said...

That's a beautiful dress! Have a great time at your shower, and let us know what you get!

siiilllygirl said...

What did you end up doing? Bought a dress? I am going dress shopping next weekend... still don't know what to wear. I wish they had nice pregy stores in Austria, like they do back in the States :(

HAVE LOTS OF FUN!! Definitely don't forget to share your experience ...