February 8, 2010

Baby Shower

This weekend I had my shower, thrown by some great friends. It was such a good time, and my dress arrived in time! (But now I have two and need to deal with the pain of returning one through the mail.) :)

Tito and I worked it out that he drove me over to the shower, met some friends (a husband and a boyfriend of two of the girls invited to the shower) and they went off to have some "guy time" while we all did baby shower stuff.

The shower was at my friend Michelle's house and the decorations, food and drinks (they had a hot chocolate bar!) were awesome! I enjoyed a TON of food, and we played a game, and I got to talk to some friends I hadn't seen since Christmas or before. Then we opened presents, and I was overwhelmed by the generosity of my friends and family (my mom and sister in law had mailed things before hand that I opened there!)

After opening the gifts, we played another game and then had some delicious cupcakes (that were decorated so well, I didn't want to eat mine - but I did!) :) Then we had a chance to talk some more before everyone had to leave. Tito and the boys came back and helped load up the car while I got to walk to the car.

I had a great time, and feel very blessed to have these women in my life. Now we wait for the next part, which is when the baby arrives and everyone gets to meet him!

Here are some photos from the day!

Before leaving the house

Getting ready to open gifts

Opening gifts from my mom - a sweater she made for the baby with Peruvian yarn

More handmade gifts from my mom - some "Maine" baby bibs...lobster and a moose bib!

Some of the ladies

Opening gifts from Aunt Agi

Cute jammies with animal head feet from Tara

All of the ladies who could be there

Button cookie favors!

Delicious cupcakes!

The banner Michelle made

With the lovely hostesses - Michelle, Brooke and Tara

1 comment:

siiilllygirl said...

You look adorable!!! and those cupcake... were they homemade?