February 21, 2010

Babymoon

Tito and I took a mini-babymoon this weekend. Really it was just a chance to get away for the two of us and spend time together before our little boy arrives in a short amount of time.

We headed into Seattle early on Saturday morning because we had a baby care class to take. It was from 10am - 3pm, so we spend the majority of the day there learning about swaddling, changing diapers, safe sleep, etc. Watched "The Happiest Baby On The Block" and that converted Tito to believing in swaddling and the other 4 S's working (as I'd been telling him from early on that the techniques do work.)

After the class ended, we headed to the hotel which overlooked Lake Union. It was a gorgeous day - 60 degrees and sunny. After checking in, we decided to take a walk along the water, since we weren't too hungry yet. We walked for about 40 minutes, then headed back to the hotel. They had a happy hour, so Tito got a beer, and I got a soda. We just sat and talked and watched some Olympic coverage of the cross country skiing (hoping the Peruvian single man team was doing well, but sadly we didn't see him...the race was won by the Swedish though, so I was happy!) :) After that, we headed back upstairs and Tito changed. I'd bought him tickets to see Bon Jovi for Christmas, and since I couldn't go, our friend Julian agreed to go with Tito.

Tito left at about 6:30pm, and I stayed in the room, ordered room service (which ended up being free because they forgot about me - and I was happy because I'd ordered a grilled cheese sandwich, salad and brownie a la mode, so it was definitely worth it to get it free!) and did some work. I've got a bunch to do for my replacement, so I managed to finish up the job description stuff I had for her...she starts tomorrow! I fell asleep around 10:30pm watching "Almost Famous" and then ended up waking back up when Tito got back about an hour later. He told me all about the concert, showed me photos and we talked for a bit before I fell asleep again.

This morning, we slept in late, then packed up and headed out to breakfast. Enjoyed some pancakes and eggs, and then came home and enjoyed the weather some more - sitting out on the porch in the sunshine while I edited a piece for work was the perfect way to end the day!

Here are some photos from the weekend (the light was good in the room so we got some silhouette shots of me and "the belly"...definitely not pro pics, but nice nonetheless - at least we thought so!)


We were trying to re-create this shot from our wedding, but Tito kindly pointed out that my belly was a "wee" bit bigger now than it used to be... :)



3 comments:

jarnold said...

Nice pictures!!! I love the belly ones :)
By the way... Swadelling was the answer to get some more sleep in our house! Good luck with everything!!!

Heather (Laptops to Lullabies) said...

Beautiful photos -- and it sounds like a fun Babymoon! I can't believe you're due in a month. Would love to read a post on how it feels to be eight months pregnant -- so I can get a idea of what I'm in for! :)

sarahmarie0730 said...

Sounded like a great babymoon!!! Love the pics too:)