February 17, 2010

35 Weeks!

How Far Along: 35 weeks (35 more days to go!)

What "They" Say About Our Baby's Development: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds. Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Mama: Your uterus — which was entirely tucked away inside your pelvis when you conceived — now reaches up under your rib cage. If you could peek inside your womb, you'd see that there's more baby than amniotic fluid in there now. Your ballooning uterus is crowding your other internal organs, too, which is why you probably have to urinate more often and may be dealing with heartburn and other gastrointestinal distress. If you're not grappling with these annoyances, you're one of the lucky few. From here on out, you'll start seeing your practitioner every week.

Weekly Food Comparison: A honeydew melon


The Good: Good doctor's appointment last week...things are progressing!


The Bad: More contractions...
and more painful ones, although no more than 2 an hour. My body is practicing I guess...

The Weird: Feeling the hard lumps on my stomach that I know are his arms, elbows, hands, feet, knees, etc.


Currently Craving/Avoiding:

Avoiding: Certain foods that don't seem appealing - changes all the time.

Craving: Fruit, water


Doctor Updates:
Today is my weekly appointment


Total weight gain/loss: 30 lbs. - last week I went to get weighed and I had gained 4 lbs in a week! My doctor assured me it was all fluids at this point but STILL!!

Maternity clothes?
Yes, all bottoms and dresses. Have almost had to switch to all maternity tops...regular t-shirts are a joke and they stay down over my belly until I move in any way. Then I don't notice that they are riding up at all!


Stretch marks?
2

Sleep: Getting worse...waking up about 3-4 times a night, also waking up a lot earlier than my alarm, and on the weekends really early. I'm really sensitive to sounds now as well and often wake up to the cats playing, or getting sick or sounds outside when I used to sleep through them!

Best moment this week:
My weekly massage therapy appointment...he worked magic and made the pain in my lower back and hips disappear!

Movement:
Constantly


Labor Signs: None, unless you count the practice contractions

Belly Button in or out?
Popping out more and more


What I miss:
Having a glass of wine


What I am looking forward to:
The final stretch.



The Weekly Belly Bump: 35 week photos!



I woke up this morning feeling like the baby has moved all of his weight to the outer edge of my belly...so painful and hard to walk around when your weight is distributed like that!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Kate, you look adorable!