February 5, 2010

Dress saga update and new stuff

I stopped by Motherhood Maternity this morning and got the dress, so I have something to wear tomorrow! And I was able to try it on and am actually pretty pleased with how it looks! Apparently they had put it on hold but they weren't supposed to since it was marked down and on sale, so I lucked out because the girl who put it on hold didn't know that! I also picked up some black hose, but we'll see if I wear them. I've got a pair of heels picked out so I'm looking forward to the excuse to dress up! :) The other dress STILL hasn't shown up, but it looks like it's in my town today...so it might come today and if so, I'll arrange to have them pick it up next week from my office so I can get my money back.

This morning, I received an email from Old Navy that they're having a maternity sale. I forwarded it on to a friend who is pregnant, thinking I wouldn't be able to use it. But I popped on there and realized that I could get some nursing tanks and possibly some pj's to wear while in the hospital or when I first get home.

I'm glad I did go on there because I got these:



Nursing tanks with built in bras for $12.50 each (basically the same as Target's recommended ones but on sale for cheaper.)



Lounge pants for $4.99 for the hospital. I know they are not ideal since they'll be checking me a lot when I'm in the hospital, however, having been in the hospital A LOT in my lifetime, and most recently last week where they were checking my cervix (man that procedure is uncomfortable and more uncomfortable when your doctor who's doing it (it wasn't my doc but the attending) looks like he's about 22 years old!) I would prefer to be in my own clothes. Last week I had a pair of hospital pants on given to me by them...and they were size XXL. Even with my belly, they were huge on me. And they had no other sizes. I had to pull them super tight to fit me and still they were falling down so I spent most of the time in bed. So I figure I could spend $5 on PJ bottoms that are mine and fit well and are comfy and I won't mind pulling them down every once in awhile.

And since I was there, I couldn't help but head over to the baby section and found a couple of things -



Since Tito likes Superman and he's got these cute shots of him when he was about 4 years old in a Superman costume that he wore ALL the time...(he's already talking about dressing our little guy up as Superman for Halloween this next year, when I was thinking more "animal" or something!)


Since his daddy thinks he'll play drums like he does


Just cause they were cute and on clearance

2 comments:

Heather (Laptops to Lullabies) said...

Ohhh, everything is so cute! You're lucky to be able to shop online at Old Navy -- the Canadian site doesn't have online ordering. I'm heading to our local one tomorrow, because there's a sale on baby stuff -- and now I can actually buy boy things!

siiilllygirl said...

After I read your blog I went on Old Navy.com and bought tons of little things. A friend of ours if flying to the States for his sister's wedding and is going to bring all that stuff for me - sooo excited!!

Hope your shower went well. Cannot wait to hear about it :)