February 19, 2010

Doctor update

Had my doctor's appointment today...after arriving early and having to wait over an hour for my NST, I got in there and his heartrate was good the whole time - high 140's and 150's, with a couple of accelerations and a couple of times when he was moving around it went into the 120's and around 115 for a few seconds. All normal per the doctor.

Made it to my appointment with the doctor and had to wait almost an hour more (thank goodness I'd brought work with me - a piece I had to edit!) and he finally came in and they swabbed me for GBS (group beta streptococcus) which if I have they need to know so that they can give the baby some antibiotics after birth. I'll find out next week if I have it or not. They said some women just have it, you don't catch it from anyone, which was good to know. After he did that test, he checked my cervix to see if I was dilated...and I was surprised that I was! Guess those contractions I've been having have been doing something! He said it was minimal though, less than 1 cm which is good for now. But that my cervix is softening, so this little guy is preparing to join us...we'll see how I progress over the next couple of weeks!

I'm pleased with his heartrate, and that he seems content on staying put for a little while longer. I can't believe I'm 2 weeks from term today...

Tomorrow we have our Baby Care 101 class and then we're staying in downtown Seattle for our mini-babymoon. I'll be swimming in the indoor pool (yes, I'm putting on a bikini since there's no way my belly will fit in my one piece suit) while Tito goes to the Bon Jovi concert with our friend Julian. Then ordering some room service (maybe some yummy dessert?) and meeting up with Tito after the concert...then massages on Sunday! I'm excited!

No comments: