September 18, 2009

13 week update

How Far Along: 13 weeks (189 more days to go!)

What "They" Say About Our Baby's Development: Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, its veins and organs are clearly visible through its still-thin skin, and its body is starting to catch up with its head — which makes up just a third of its body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce. This is the last week of your first trimester, and your risk of miscarriage is now much lower than earlier in pregnancy. Next week marks the beginning of your second trimester, a time of relative comfort for many women who see early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue subside.


Weekly Food Comparison: A shrimp! At least it doesn't have a tail anymore...

The Good: Almost to the end of the first trimester. In fact, some people consider me "in the second trimester" now. Technically I won't be until Monday...but close enough!

The Bad: Still have nausea and headaches, although subsiding a bit. Also noticing very dry skin, so I'm slathering myself in baby oil and lotion.


The Weird: Hot flashes are back occasionally. Also, I *think* I might be feeling the baby move ever so slightly occasionally. Sometimes I can press on my stomach where the sonographer had the ultrasound wand and occasionally I'll feel a very light flutter after a few minutes. Feels like popcorn popping inside my belly.


Currently Craving/Avoiding:

Avoiding: Cheese, most sweets (have no craving for them at all. Dessert barely seems appealing to me so I usually skip it.)

Craving: Sour things, pickles, chicken.


Doctor Updates:
Nothing new this week except test results came back from the appointment last week and things look great baby-wise!


The Weekly Belly Bump: Still the same. A little bigger. Definitely still bigger at night than in the morning. (All of my photos are taken in the morning.)

13weeks pregnant (some bruises on the side of my stomach from my shots)

No comments: