December 10, 2009

25 Weeks!

How Far Along: 25 weeks (105 more days to go!)


What "They" Say About Our Baby's Development: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight is about a pound and a half and he's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.


Mama: Your baby's not the only one with more hair — your locks may look more full an lustrous than ever. It's not that you're growing more hair, but thanks to hormonal changes, the hair that you'd normally shed is sticking around longer than usual. Enjoy the fullness while you can — the extra hair will fall out after you give birth. You may also notice that you can't move around as gracefully as before. Unless your caregiver has advised you otherwise, it's fine to continue to exercise. When you have your glucose screening test a second tube of blood may be taken at the same time to check for anemia. If blood tests show that you have iron-deficiency anemia (the most common type of anemia), your caregiver will probably recommend that you take an iron supplement.


Weekly Food Comparison: A rutabaga...huh?


The Good: Still lots of kicking, punching, etc., dizziness seems to have gone away for now


The Bad: Dancing on my bladder...his feet seem to be down a lot and he does a lot of kicking on my bladder...not nice.


The Weird: Nothing odd this week


Currently Craving/Avoiding:

Avoiding: Sugary foods, handling raw meat

Craving: Pickle spears, salty foods like chips, soup


Doctor Updates:
Cardiology appointment on December 10th declared me as "boring"...see previous post for more info. This is a GOOD thing!


Total weight gain/loss: I'm up 15 lbs so far...according to the doctor this is right on track, but man it's hard to see that number on the scale...I'm in another 10's category on the scale now!

Maternity clothes?
All bottoms are maternity. Some tops but I can still wear some of my pre-maternity tops and sweaters. Thank goodness for the styles being so blousy lately!


Stretch marks?
0


Sleep:
I wake up three times a night on average to pee. I also have a hard time when I first lay down getting comfortable. I toss and turn (and bring my pillows with me, which means watch out kitties and Tito!) at least three or four times until I can get to sleep, even if I'm super tired. I've come to dread this time of night.


Best moment this week:
Cardiology appointment!

Movement:
Often. After drinking juices or eating fruits, in the evenings and throughout the day.


Food cravings:
Yes! Randomly I crave things, and only crave them once. But consistently it's pickles, salty foods like chips, etc.

Labor Signs: None

Belly Button in or out?
In...I feel like it's not going to pop out, but will instead just close up on itself.


What I miss:
Wine.


What I am looking forward to:
Getting the bureau and shelves for his room and the artwork.


Weekly Wisdom:
Enjoy every minute of this


The Weekly Belly Bump: Here's the 25 week belly!




Close up of the ever-disappearing belly button!

In normal clothes...I'm having to get more and more creative with my clothes now rather than wear the same thing over and over. I've been pairing non-maternity with maternity...open sweaters seem to work well...

No comments: