October 2, 2009

October

So it's now October 2nd, and it's 10 days until my 32nd birthday. Around this time last year, Tito and I had begun the official talk of trying to conceive (TTC.) Things officially started in late November. I joked with Tito after his birthday last year that the only thing I wanted for my birthday this year was to be pregnant. He apparently took his job seriously, because now I'm 15 weeks along.

However, this year, now that it's close to my birthday, he asked me if I wanted anything at all. I couldn't really think of anything. In the past few years, I've gotten books, a Palm Pilot, an Ipod Nano, and a few other things. This year I couldn't think of anything like that that I needed or wanted. But I did manage to come up with something. I said the best thing he could get for me was a gift certificate to get a massage and facial since I'm in need of both. And it would be a great way to spend a day, relaxing and getting a facial.

The funny thing is that the only other thing I could think of was stuff for the baby. What's funny about this to me, is I clearly remember having a conversation with a friend when Tito and I had just gotten engaged (when I was 26) and I said I knew I wasn't ready for kids because I couldn't imagine getting things for a baby (clothes, etc.) over clothes or things for myself. I was talking to two moms and they said "don't worry, that changes." I couldn't imagine it then, but that's exactly where I'm at now. It's funny how in just 6 short years, my whole mindset has changed. I'm ready to give anything and everything to this little baby. And that's part of the reason that I want to know what this baby is (boy or girl) so that I can start buying cute clothes either way for it.

No comments: