October 30, 2009

19 Weeks!

How Far Along: 19 weeks (147 more days to go!)

What "They" Say About Our Baby's Development: Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Its brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that it may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to it, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. Its arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of its body now. Its kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on its scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on its skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Weekly Food Comparison: An heirloom tomato...

The Good: Still feeling the baby move...when I have orange juice, chocolate milk or anything with sugar in it, it feels like a dance party in there...

The Bad: Getting tired walking up the three flights of stairs at work

The Weird: Pregnancy brain. This week I have locked my keys in the car and out of the house (at the same time), and forgotten my phone at home when it's normally habit for me to bring it with me everywhere.

Currently Craving/Avoiding:

Avoiding: String cheese (I don't know if I'll ever like this again)

Craving: Carbs, chocolate


Doctor Updates:
Today is the big ultrasound...finding out if it's a boy or girl!


The Weekly Belly Bump: Here's the 19 week belly!



No comments: