October 6, 2009

Doctor's appointment 10/6/09

Had an appointment today...took FOREVER. Note to self - never schedule the 11:30am appointment again. When that's your doc's last appointment of the day and he spends a lot of time with his patients, being the last always pushes you back. I didn't even see him until 1pm.

But it was all worth it because I FINALLY got to hear little jalapeno's heartbeat! The doppler was on just for about a minute but it was the sweetest sound ever - that "gusha, gusha, gusha" so high pitched...so great. I've heard my own heart beat many times but nothing compares to this.

Scheduled our BIG ultrasound (anatomy scan) for October 30th. That is the day we'll know what we're having - baby girl Davila or baby boy Davila. We'll also spend a lot of time looking at the baby (the nurse said about an hour) and get some good photos. A chance to really look at him or her and see how they're growing, how their heart, lungs, etc. look. Tito is coming to this appointment with me and I am very excited. As far as telling our families what we're having, we've come up with a creative way to do this, despite the distance between us. Won't spill now, but let's just say the internet is our aid in this. The only person we'll be able to tell in person is my brother Sean who lives here. We'll surprise him in his own way too. Everyone else will have to wait another three weeks (hey, we have to wait too!) :)

Will be 4 months along on Friday...crazy! My doc asked me today if it feels like it's been a longer pregnancy than that and I said yes! He agreed and he thinks it's because I literally knew the day after conception basically (since they had to switch my meds over and such.) Nice to know I'm not the only one feeling like that though!

No comments: