October 12, 2009

Birthday love

Feeling the birthday love...today I am 32. Wow. You know when you're a kid and you think of where you'll be when you're certain ages? I never thought I would be where I am now at the age of 32. However, being that I'm here, I wouldn't change a thing.

I have a wonderful husband, two loving cats (who are more protective of me than ever!) and a child who I'll meet in 5 short months. We have a great life, even if it's not what I planned when I was a kid (but hey, what did I know then? I wanted to be married at 24 and have 3 kids by now!)

Tito woke me up this morning with breakfast in bed. He had asked me last night what I wanted and I said eggs and toast. So I got that, and OJ and then he had a small piece of cake for me with candles on it. I knew something was up when the candles were sparking and he had a goofy grin on his face...I kept asking why the candles were sparking and he said he didn't know and was giggling. So he asked me to make a wish and blow them out. The second I tried and they re-lit I knew I was in for it. Dork got me the candles that don't go out. I was laughing mostly at him and how he thought he'd gotten one over on me. :) I told him that I wasn't going to wish for anything real because if I wish for it and the candles don't go out then the wish doesn't come true. So after attempting to blow them out he took the cake and I heard him all the way to the kitchen trying to blow them out. I kept saying "you have to put them in water, you can't blow them out." But he kept trying. :)

So I had a great breakfast, and then, even though it's Columbus Day, I had to come into work. Too much to do. Tonight I have dinner with Tito, and our friends Jessica, her husband Adam, and our friend Carisa. It's Jessica's birthday too so it'll be a fun night.

I can't believe that this is the last birthday I'll celebrate as just Tito and I (and the cats.) Next year, we'll have a 7 month old! Things, I'm sure, will be different! But I am excited for all that is to come!

1 comment:

Sense said...

happy birthday!!! sounds like a fun day. :)

and congrats on your little one-to-be!