January 11, 2010

Uncomfortable

So I'm feeling truly uncomfortable today for the first time ever. As in, when I get up to walk down the hall, I waddle. My lower back hurts. My abdomen hurts and it feels like the baby is sitting on the outer edge of my uterus, making all of his weight (all 3lbs!) tip me forward even farther.

I'm hot too. I woke up at 4am and was incredibly thirsty and it felt like the heat was jacked up to 80 in the room. Sometimes Tito turns the heat on after I fall asleep because he's cold. I got up to check if it was on and it wasn't. Instead I was under flannel sheets, a down comforter, blanket and had on flannel pj pants, a tank top and a long sleeved top. I also had a cat curled up at my feet and a cat curled up on the body pillow next to me (I am nice and share this pillow with the kitties.) I was burning up, so I shed a few layers, moved both cats over to Tito's side and went back to bed.

All day today my office has been hot. I've got my sleeves rolled up and opened the window a bit so it wasn't so stifling. It's 50 degrees outside and I feel like I'm in Florida in July. Not fun.

I've been getting round ligament pain a lot more lately. When I go to get up from the car, I usually feel it in my pelvis. It's a shooting, stabbing pain that lasts for a few minutes. It's fun to pretend to be normal (and not in pain!) while walking into places.

I have a massage therapy appointment tonight for the first time in a long time - 2 months I think? I'm covered for 12 visits under my insurance a year, and it just changed years. So I plan on using my 12 appointments (or as many as I can) from now until this baby arrives in March. Hopefully this will help me sleep better as well.

Tonight we have baptism class at church. It's two hours, and I'm so tired, but we have to make it through it because the next class isn't until April, and we wanted to take it before the baby is born. The baptism will be in July. We had to schedule it so early because of my in laws who needed to purchase plane tickets to come and visit us for it. So I'm happy that this is one more thing I crossed off the list. :)

I had a list of to-do's this weekend (with some baby things on it, as well as other non-baby things like mailing some cards, mailing a present, birthday party for Tito, etc.) I managed to get through about 50% of it which I'm really happy about.

I'm in major nesting mode and proceeded to not only clean out and organize our closets (clothes and linens) but also to get rid of clothes and linens that are raggedy or won't be worn, and I went through our medicine cabinets/under sink cabinets and threw out expired meds, old lotions and creams and stuff I don't use because I don't like it, etc. Cleared a lot of space. And I reorganized our kitchen cabinets to make more space since I know baby bottles and such will be coming in sooner rather than later. I still have to get some more things to help organize the cabinets, and then I'll do a good deep cleaning before the baby gets here.

No comments: