January 10, 2010

Another thing off the list

I'm a big list maker. Helps me get through my day, not forget things and prioritize. With this baby coming, this is no different. I was feeling overwhelmed by all that needed to be "done" so I sat down and made a list. Then I also sat down on Friday and made a list of more immediate, some non-baby things that needed to be done. I've slowly been working my way through that list this weekend, and also working through the baby list too.

Another thing can now be crossed off the list! We bought the car seat and stroller frame today! And I love Amazon.com by the way. We've bought the majority of the big items so far off of Amazon and we have Amazon Prime so we get free shipping (and things are always here in a day despite the promise of 2 day shipping!)

We decided on the Graco Snugride infant carseat after reading reviews. We chose something that we both think is gender neutral (blue with brown dots) so it'll work for our little boy and possibly for a little girl in the future (or another little boy if that's what we get!)




We also, after many recommendations to not get a "stroller travel system" until I knew what would work best for me (ease of folding it up, bulk, heft, etc.) purchased the Graco Snugrider stroller frame. We can use this with the infant car seat until he's around 30lbs if we want to. Both were on sale on Amazon as well, which was even better! (Cheaper than Babies R' Us or Target.) They should be here by Wednesday but I'm sure they'll be here Tuesday. Another thing off the list!

2 comments:

siiilllygirl said...

Hi. I have been reading your blog for a while and I really enjoy it.

I am almost 24 weeks pregnant and your blog helps me to prepare myself for the "future." ;)

I was wondering if you could share your "list". I am a little overwhelmed with what I need and don't need, so I thought if you could post your list, I could compare it to mine.

Sorry, if I am asking for too much.

Hope you and your family is doing great!

Siiilllygirl

Heather (Laptops to Lullabies) said...

Hmm, I've been hearing a lot lately about not getting a stroller travel system. I registered for a travel system, but now I'm second-guessing myself. It seemed like a good financial decision, because then the stroller will work for years, but ... not sure anymore! Thanks for the post. I've got to think about this.