January 15, 2010

30 Weeks!

How Far Along: 30 weeks (70 more days to go!)


What "They" Say About Our Baby's Development: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

Mama: You may be feeling a little tired these days, especially if you're having trouble sleeping. You might also feel clumsier than normal, which is perfectly understandable. Not only are you heavier, but the concentration of weight in your pregnant belly causes a shift in your center of gravity. Plus, thanks to hormonal changes, your ligaments are more lax, so your joints are looser, which may also contribute to your balance being a bit off. Also, this relaxation of your ligaments can actually cause your feet to spread permanently, so you may have to invest in some new shoes in a bigger size. Remember those mood swings you had earlier in pregnancy? The combination of uncomfortable symptoms and hormonal changes can result in a return of those emotional ups and downs. It's normal to worry about what your labor will be like or whether you'll be a good parent. But if you can't shake the blues or feel increasingly irritable or agitated, talk to your doctor or midwife.

Weekly Food Comparison: A head of cabbage

The Good: My active baby


The Bad: Heartburn


The Weird: Random coughing fits - I read it was due to my lungs being compressed by the baby.


Currently Craving/Avoiding:

Avoiding: Nothing other than what I have been avoiding

Craving: More "cravings of the moment"


Doctor Updates:
Had an appointment on the 12th. Everything looked and sounded good! Next appointment is Tuesday, January 29th.


Total weight gain/loss: 21 lbs.

Maternity clothes?
Yes, still mostly bottoms.


Stretch marks?
0


Sleep:
Getting harder and harder to fall asleep. And I wake up on average 3 times a night.


Best moment this week:
Having Tito feel him move and squirm really strongly! Also having three people tell me I looked really small for 7 months along! Apparently they are used to seeing giants only, because I have a big belly! :)

Movement:
Seems like lately when I wake up at 3am to go to the bathroom this is his most active time of the day. When I come back to bed, I'll fall back asleep with my hand on my stomach and will feel him moving and squirming around in there!


Food cravings:
See above.

Labor Signs: None

Belly Button in or out?
One part seems to be trying to pop out.


What I miss:
Wine
...still. :)

What I am looking forward to:
Getting the dresser this weekend! And our first lamaze class this Saturday!



The Weekly Belly Bump: 30 week photos!


That belly button is SLOWLY disappearing!!

Before heading out to work this morning

3 comments:

siiilllygirl said...

I cannot believe you only gained 21 lbs!!! Lucky :)

I am 25 weeks and gained 17 lbs. I cannot say that I eat too much, and I don't feel fat, but I obviously am doing something wrong....

btw, if you want are interested in reading my blog please give me your email and I will send you an invite.

Hope you are feeling well :)

Valeria (aka siiilllygirl)

Unknown said...

I wouldn't worry about the weight too much. I read a blog of a woman who is 39 weeks and has only gained 16 lbs total. They say you're supposed to gain between 25-35lbs if you were at a healthy weight/BMI before getting pregnant, which is where I stood. I'm at the point now where I'm supposed to gain on average 1lb a week, but some weeks I do and others I don't. My baby is compressing my stomach right now so I get full really fast which is probably contributing to not gaining every week. My doctor is not worried though.

And, yes, I'd love to read your blog. Send an invite to katedavila@yahoo.com

siiilllygirl said...

16 lbs! Omg, that's so little. I hope she is ok.

I started with 124 lbs and now I am *** (haha). I saw a midwife and she told me I needed to gain all this weight (I hope she is right). I don't feel fat... so I guess I am fine for now.

I am still hungry all the time. This girl (my baby) is really funny... she loves peanut butter ;)

About my blog - I sent you an invite. I realize it requires gmail account... (sorry!!!).

Cannot wait to read your updates!