November 12, 2009

Probably the coolest and weirdest thing so far in this pregnancy are the little baby kicks I'm feeling. This little guy is SO active. Yesterday, I felt kicks pretty consistently all day, and at night, when I was laying in bed, had my hands on my belly while watching tv. Tito came home and I asked him to come over and feel my tummy to see if he could feel the kick from the outside because I sure could!

He had to run and check on dinner and when he came back, I'd pulled my shirt up to expose my belly and I was literally watching the kicks from the outside. He didn't believe me, because of course, when he looked, he said he didn't see anything. So I said "just wait..." So after a few seconds, Tito said close to my belly "Santi, can you kick for daddy?" and after a second my belly did a little jump. He didn't know if it was me breathing or not, so I held my breath and then another second later, there were two kicks, right in a row that made my belly move. The look on Tito's face was so funny.

Definitely weird to see the movements from the outside, but this little guy is definitely letting us know that he's there. And he's so active...we were wondering last night if that was going to be any indication of how he'd be on the outside. He's got good, strong kicks already too, at just under 21 weeks. Hopefully he's kind as he gets bigger and doesn't kick too hard!

No comments: