November 25, 2009

Diaper Bag...

First of all, can I say I love craigslist? Seriously, being able to get practically new things (sometimes) for 1/3 of the price? So nice!

I hadn't given much thought to a diaper bag other than I wanted something durable, looked cute, was easy to clean and wouldn't fall apart after a few months. I'd looked online and the cheaper bags all had bad reviews for durability. And I didn't want to spend $100 plus on a bag that would literally get crap on it possibly. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a friend of a friend who had the Fleurville "Mothership" bag. I commented on how I liked its size. She said that it was great, stood up on its own, etc. Then I noticed it was covered in a sort of vinyl which still looked good but meant durable and easy to clean. She highly recommended it. So I Googled it and of course found that the bag was $150 new. On some sites more. I just didn't know about that (being the bargain shopper that I am!) So I decided to try craigslist. And there was a woman selling one for $50 close to my work.

On Monday, I went over there and looked at it. She mentioned to me that she'd bought it from someone on craigslist who only used it for a few months and then switched to something else. This woman had never even used it after realizing it was too big for her needs. The bag was in mint condition. No stains, rips, tears, or whatever. So I said I'd take it and happily brought it home with me. I am glad to have yet another "thing" knocked off my list!

And I love the colors...not too "girl" and not too "boy" meaning I could get away with using it for another kid if we had either.



Bag interior...comes with plenty of pockets, a fold out changing pad and a bag for wipes, plus a key chain clip.

No comments: