March 30, 2011

Good Things...

So I've got a few things that make my life easier, and I wanted to share them, just in case you don't know about them too!

Stopain - this is amazing. I learned about it last year when training for a 10k race. I've used it since then whenever I have muscle aches and pains. This is better than a Ben Gay rub or anything because you just spray it on and you don't rub it in. And there's no gross smell either.

Philosophy's Never Let Them See You Shine - I have an oily t-zone and my skin has changed a lot since pregnancy, and this stuff works! It makes the skin so matte and I don't usually have to reapply powder or anything to my face during the day like I used to!

Clinique Moisture Surge Extra moisturizer - when I got pregnant, my hormones went crazy and I got really dry skin. As in, just out of the shower I could feel my skin getting drier. I needed something that would give me a good amount of moisture during the day but wasn't heavy and wouldn't clog my pores and make me break out. I've used so many other products from Clinique so when I went and talked to the ladies at the counter and they pointed this out to me, I decided to try it. It is amazing. So light, it's more of a gel moisturizer than a cream. And it doesn't make my face too shiny either which is a bonus!

Clinique Youth Surge Night - I use this at night. I actually used this as my all around moisturizer when my skin was really dry during pregnancy. Now I just use a little bit at night and it works so great!

Johnson and Johnson baby oil gel - I discovered this after Santi was born. I use it on my hands (which are super dry from washing all the time with a new baby!) It's great, non-oily and smells so yummy!

Suave Professionals Sleek shampoo and conditioner - I used to use some more expensive shampoo and conditioner and decided to try this one day when I saw it at the store. It works great (especially on my wavy hair in our humid/rainy environment) and smells so good too! And the best part was that a giant bottle was about $3!


Chi Straight Guard - I use a little of this in my hair when I flatiron it, and it not only protects, but it helps to keep down the flyaways!

And on a non-beauty note -

Feline Pine - I've been using clumping litter forever with our two cats. The thing I hate most about it is the clumping and how it makes big rocks of pee for me to scoop out. Using non-clumping litter is worse because all I can smell is cat urine. And I hate the smell. So I decided to use this, and it works so well! The pine pellets neutralize the urine smell so there is NO smell. And when the pellets get wet they basically turn into sawdust. SO much better. It took the cats a little while to get used to it (we put about half of their old litter in with half of this new litter for about two weeks and then just gradually switched to all Feline Pine and they did fine.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They don't seem to make it anymore, but I used to use a type of Suave S&C that I loved.