March 26, 2011

Consignment Sale

Last night I was able to get early entrance to a consignment sale because I put some of Santi's clothes (and toys!) in to consign. I got there at 6:15 pm and there was a line around the hallway and up the stairs! Once we were in, I was on a mission - I wanted to get a musical activity table for Santi. He's played with these before at people's houses and loves them. New, they are around $40 which is ridiculous. I'd seen one at a consignment store a few weeks ago (but got talked out of buying it) for $16.

So I entered near the toy table and walked around looking for one and didn't see any (there are usually a bunch, so I was surprised.) So I kept looking, because I know they sometimes put things under the tables. Finally, I spotted one, but a woman had parked her stroller in front of two of them. She didn't seem to notice me straining for it, and then when she did, she actually said "Oh, sorry. I was thinking of getting that." I just looked at her and said "Well, there are two - this is the one I want. Do you want it?" And she said she wasn't sure, so I told her I was and was going to snag it. She let me and moved her stroller (only about an inch!) so I could crane my arm in and grab it.

So I ended up with this one (it's the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Alphabet Soup one, which Santi has played with before and likes.)


And the best part? It was $8! Such a great deal!

Then I headed for the clothing racks and managed to get some great deals on summer clothes for Santi (4 polo shirts, a romper outfit, 3 pairs of shorts, an airplane onesie, two other onesies, and a long sleeved t-shirt with a 747 on it which I had to get since that's Tito's plane!) all of which were from the Gap, Tea Collection, Janie and Jack, Old Navy and Gymboree. I also managed to grab a pair of Carter's water shoes for Santi this summer and the best? A pair of basically brand new baby Puma sneakers!


These were also $8 (and are originally $40!)

Total amount spent? $51. I love consignment sales! And I'm hoping I make some money on the things I put in! I'll find out tomorrow!

No comments: