April 20, 2013

Finished (for now) Mudroom in the garage


So I have finished the garage mudroom makeover for now. I still have a little to do (paint the door and step and add a bench and get a new shoe rack) but for now its done and we've been "living" with it for a couple of weeks.

I hung two coat racks that I made myself. I literally went to Lowes, picked out a piece of wood and had it cut in half there. Then I came home and painted it and then added some brushed nickel hooks and screwed them into the wall, one above the other. Little people coats and book bags on the bottom and big people coats and stuff on the top.



I then added a new shelf and some bright yellow buckets I picked up from the dollar spot at Target to hold outdoor toys, and my gym equipment (since I use the garage to work out in too). I added a hook above that to hold our reusable bags, and next to that I hung a shoe rack that we use to hold odds and ends.



Right next to the door I hung two hooks to hold umbrellas - this is Seattle after all! On the other side of the door I hung a wire letter organizer and decided to use it to hold things like tape, measuring tape, stud finder, etc. All those things you need at hand but don't really have a place.





Right below the wire hanger is a shelf that holds our extra toilet paper, paper towels and emergency kit. I added a rug in front of the step and a shoe rack under the cost racks too. Not bad for now and it feels so good to be so much more organized as utilizing the space better.




No comments: