April 8, 2013

A quick fix

I've hated our pendant light shades for awhile. They are just 1990's style frosted glass. I didn't know quite what I did want there, but I knew what I didn't want. I had to get rid of the frosted glass. I looked at many options, but many of them felt too "Starbucks bistro" (you know, the art glass type?) And then I was at Lowe's and saw some plain, small, clear glass shades.

I picked them up thinking if I hated them when they were up it was a cheap mistake because they were only $5.58 each. So an $11 mistake? Ok by me.

I came home with the kids in tow and after I'd made them lunch and sat them down, I pulled the old shades off and popped these new ones on. The whole project took me about 15 minutes (after I figured out how to remove the old ones it went quickly!) The result is an understated lamp that opens up the space more (in my opinion at least!)

What do you think? The bottom photo is a comparison of what was there vs the new shades.





No comments: