April 24, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Part I

So if you remember in this post here, I've decided to do a Pinterest Challenge, and actually make some of the things that are pinned on my boards. For April, even though it was close to the end of the month, I decided to pick an easy garlic chicken recipe and a painting. The night I posted the challenge, I actually decided to make the chicken, since I had all of the ingredients on hand and it seemed quick and easy.

So here's the photo of what the brown sugar, and garlic "sauce" looked like on the chicken before it was cooked.




And here's the after it's cooked. Not burnt, just caramelized basically. The verdict from my husband and son? Delicious! It was awesome! And so easy to make! The sauce took about 3 minutes to make and then I cooked the chicken for about 40 minutes (the recipe says 15-30 but it calls for chicken breasts and I only had thighs on hand.)



We will definitely be adding this to our repertoire. And it's a quick and easy meal. I paired it with some couscous and broccoli and it was a great meal. And a little wine for mama. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a new follower. I just nominated you for Liebster Blog Award. You can visit my blog at
http://upscaletreasures.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-blog-award-nominations.html

Erin said...

I'm new to your blog. I enjoyed reading your post!