January 30, 2009

Earthquake in Seattle?? I woke up at 5:45am this morning with my alarm. Turned on the morning news to a bulletin - "breaking news, Earthquake in Seattle area." 4.5 magnitude at 5:25am. Umm..I slept through it. You know how they say that animals feel earthquakes before they happen? Yeah, apparently not my two cats. When I saw this news and I looked to the end of the bed, where my two cats were sleeping. Along with my husband next to me. I woke him up and told him about the quake...he didn't believe me. He's from Peru where they've had quite a few earthquakes and he's been through a lot of them. He asked the magnitude and I said 4.5 and he said we should have felt it because that's pretty big. Here's hoping that all the earthquakes while I live here are like this...the land is not supposed to shake in my mind.

Whenever I think about earthquakes, I think of that episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air when he goes through his first earthquake and gets trapped in the basement with his girlfriend at the time. Since he was from Philadelphia, he felt the same way - the ground should not shake! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHhqNCdRjpw

No comments: