November 11, 2008

Today...

The weather sucks in Seattle. Most of the time it sucks. This is one thing, after living here for three years, that I have not gotten used to. Today, for instance, it's drizzly and grey. Yesterday at least the sun came out for awhile. Now I'm not complaining too much as my parents back in Maine are already experiencing cold snaps and frost. Soon they will get snow, and if it's anything like last winter, they'll get a snowstorm once a week that will dump between 6" and 12" on them each week. I don't miss that. I don't miss the cold wind that finds any available opening in your jacket and freezes you down to the core. But I miss the sunshine. I don't need the warmth and hot days I had when living in Florida. But I miss the sun. This weather just makes me tired all the time. I'm doing my best to try and get over it, going to sleep early, going to the gym to increase my energy, but on days like today I just want to sleep.

The only solace I have is that I will be in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico in 11 days for a week on my belated honeymoon...ah sunshine, my pasty white legs are coming for you! I have already packed most of my clothes as I'll be wearing things I haven't been able to wear here in months now...shorts, tank tops, skirts, bathing suits, flip flops. I am getting a celebratory pedicure (the first professional one in 4 months) in honor of baring my toes once again. I can't wait to wiggle them in the sand and have it be 70 degrees at 10pm and 85 during the day. Ah, Mexico...I can't wait to see you!

1 comment:

Me said...

Would you and your husband mind if I tagged along on your honeymoon vacation????

You soooo deserve the warmth and bright sun. As you know I'm right there with ya on this suck ass weather!!! After your trip you'll have to come over and sit in front of the sun lamp with me. Maybe we can drink enough wine to convince ourselves it's actually the sun.

But just think, soon you'll be wearing flip flops and a bathing suit and will feel the warm on your skin while sipping cocktails on the beach. And to think, I lived that everyday! (minus the cocktails, or well, maybe not).

I'm sure you're counting down the hours til you go.