January 1, 2014

And now it's 2014...

I've been around, just not here. What's even happening? Life. Last post was in July. So here's what I've been doing:

Mothering - Gaby is now almost 2 (in 27 more days!) She is a full fledged little girl now, so girly (she loves her hair bows and princesses), running around, talking a TON (just like her brother!)

Santi will be 4 in March. This is crazy to me. He is so, so smart. Talks a TON, very active and such a boy (loves his cars and especially garbage trucks!) He started preschool in September and has done awesome and even has a little best friend! It melts my heart when I drop him off and his friends yell "Santi!" and run up to him and give him hugs.

Being a wife - Tito and I celebrated 9 years married last month and will celebrate 13 years together in February. Time has flown but we are very happy and continue to surprise one anotherand  have fun together!

Working- In June, I took a barre certification class and became officially certified to teach in September. Since then I have started teaching barre classes at 4 different studios. I love it. And I have no excuse to not work out now.

Happy Homemaker - in the other parts of my days and weeks I take care of the house. I had a huge, albeit unsuccessful garden this summer, managed to do some painting, we re-did the floors in the downstairs (ripped up carpet and linoleum and replaced with wood and tile) and I also installed board and batten on my own in our downstairs bath and painted the walls a light blue (formerly a deep burgundy shade.)

Traveling - we took a trip back home to Maine over Labor Day weekend and I flew solo to San Diego, CA in Novemver for a Kawasaki Disease gala where I got to meet Sarah Chalke and Gary Busey (both whose children had KD.) An amazing experience and we raised a lot of money for KD research! We head to Peru at the end of this month and we are all so excited.

Reminiscing - my grandfather passed away in June (at 92) so I flew home for the funeral and brought Gaby. I then lost my uncle Paul a month later. Both of these men were very important in my life and they are missed. 

We also lost our kitty Eponine in July very unexpectedly. She was fine when I left to go out with friends and then Tito called me to tell me she wasn't moving but still breathing. I rushed home and was able to hold her and tell her we loved her and she died in my arms after about an hour. Very sad and unexpected (she wasn't sick and I suspect she might have been bitten by one of the numerous hobo spiders that were around the house.) She is missed by us and her "sister", our other kitty Monet.

I'll be back soon but leave you with some shots of what I've been up to since the summer: 














No comments: