July 9, 2013

Recipe Share!

I made this for the first time last night and it was a HIT in our house (even the 3 year old loved it!) so I figured I'd share. Takes about 35 mins to make, and I actually made "dessert" (chocolate chip zucchini bread) while I cooked this as well.)

Chicken and Orzo Supper

Chicken and Orzo Supper

tablespoon vegetable oil (I actually used an EVOO spray instead)
1
lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces
1
clove garlic, finely chopped
1 3/4
cups chicken broth
1
cup uncooked orzo 
2 tomatoes cut into small pieces
1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into slices (2 cups) 
2 bell peppers (I used one red and one green)
2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese (optional) 

  1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and garlic in oil 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is brown.
  2. Stir in broth and pasta. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
  3. Stir in tomatoes and zucchini. Cook uncovered 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up tomatoes with spoon, until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Makes 4 servings (1 cup each)

No comments: