July 29, 2010

Baptism week!

Whew! What a week! All of the family is gone except MIL who leaves on Saturday. Then it's just me, Tito, Santi and my FIL. :) Back to my new "normal" I guess! We had a great week despite a few bumps.

My parents came in Wednesday night at about 11pm. Tito and I went to get them, drove them back to the house and deposited them into our room for the night and he and I slept on the air mattress in the livingroom. Woke up early because Santi was fussy and he ended up falling asleep in the bed with us for a bit:



That morning, I went to get BIL and SIL at the airport while Tito went to work. Came back and they started cooking, while I went and ran some last minute errands which included paying the church for the baptism, and getting a couple of baptism gifts for Santi from Tito and I (kids wooden bead rosary, prayer card, and a ceramic wall hanging with a quote on it starting with "God danced the day you were born..." which made me cry, especially due to everything he went through in the beginning.) Came back and we ate causa - Peruvian dish of basically mashed potatoes and veggies and spices. Yummy.

Tito came home and we all hung out, and then had dinner, and then deposited my parents and MIL and FIL at the hotel for the weekend. MIL and FIL came back with us though as Tito, BIL, SIL and I were all going out and we needed a babysitter! Put Santi to bed and then we headed out at about 8pm. Ended up going to Seattle (Queen Anne), Chopstix, Peso's and then met Tito's cousin Mique (Micheangelo) as he was in town for the baptism as well.





At Chopstix



At Peso's





Tito, Mique and Dani



Friday, we woke up, had some breakfast, then headed to Green Lake to hang out. This whole event was a little stressful because my parents hate being outdoors, and Tito's parents love it. So we just compromised and sat in the shade and had a picnic. My brother met us there as well. Turned out to be a good day, and we headed back at about 4:30 so that we could make dinner and I could finish up some things for the baptism, such as making brownie pops!









Making brownie pops - SO messy, but so yummy!

We had a late night hanging out after depositing the parents at the hotel for the night. BIL and SIL gave us gifts for Santi (baby bible, clothes and a couple other things) and we gave them a gift from Santi (a frame with his handprint on one side and a photo of him on the other) as a thank you for them being his godparents.

Up next, the baptism!

No comments: