October 29, 2008

Two good things...

1. I am officially on the board of the Kawasaki Disease Foundation! I've got to talk with the President either this week or next to discuss my contributions, role, etc. but I'm pretty excited about it! Never thought this would happen, so it's something I think will be great for me personally as well as professionally.

2. The husband and I went to the gym last night for our orientation with the trainer. He set us up with a workout plan and we did it and it kicked our butts! But the best part was when he weighed us, took measurements and fat percentage. I have been monitoring myself at home with our own measuring tape, fat percentage meter and scale, and 3 months ago, I did the last set of measurements and weight. Since then, I've lost only 6 lbs, but I've gone down 3% in body fat, and lost 1 inch off each of my arms, 1 inch off of my waist, 2 inches off of each of my thighs and 2.5 inches off of my hips and butt! I was shocked because I didn't really think it was that much until I compared the measurements! Wow! The trainer, of course, wanted us to buy training packages and we think we might buy a couple of sessions. It's great how motivated we are right now...currently it's for our vacation to Cabo San Lucas next month, but by the time we start seeing more results like this, we don't need any motivation other than that!

No comments: