October 29, 2008

My cat...

My cat Monet isn't herself. Last night she attempted to jump up onto me while I was on the couch and instead just sort of pulled herself up with her front paws. Then, later, while Tito and I were in bed and our other cat, Eponine was in bed with us, Monet attempted to get up into bed, but instead pulled herself up there as well. We have a platform bed frame and she kind of scooted her back paws to be sitting on the bed frame and then pulled herself with her front paws.

I told Tito I thought something was wrong with her because she hadn't been jumping all day it seemed like. So we attempted to make her jump to the bed and she wouldn't. We opened the window and attempted to make her jump to the window sill - she wanted to, we could totally see she wanted to, her tail was twitching in excitement, and then she attempted to make the jump, but only made it about half way up the wall and then stopped trying. And she proceeded to sleep really close to me last night (she normally snuggles with Tito) and then this morning she was moving very slowly. I attempted to make her play with her favorite ball and she looked like she wanted to chase after it and then sort of walked over to it and pushed the ball slowly. I think she's got something going on with her hips/legs.

When I pick her up she meows more than normal. I'm really worried about my little girl...when I left this morning she was sleeping on my pillow which is something else unusual for her. She's not old either, which is really worrying me. She's only 8! So hopefully it's nothing serious and maybe she just hurt herself in some way? Anyone have experience with something like this? My childhood cat lost the ability to jump after awhile but she was 17 when that happened.

No comments: