June 6, 2012

More closet organization!

Another project I tackled in May was organizing my front hall closet. It served a purpose...many purposes, actually. It housed the vacuum, games, coats, shoes, hats, diaper bag, computer bag, and other random odds and ends.It wasn't completely out of control, but I just wanted some more order.

I took a trip to Ikea to get some bins, since they have the cheapest ones around. I had some wall organizers that are actually supposed to hold things like saran wrap, and plastic bags in a pantry. But since we have such a large kitchen, we don't have a need for them so I decided to see if I could use them in this closet. I also had a wire shoe rack that had been in the garage and I brought it inside.

So here's the before:

 Just not serving a great purpose

I took about an hour after dinner one night and pulled everything out and reorganized it and put it all back in. Here's the after...I love that this project took so little time!



I used the racks on the wall to hold an extra purse, as well as my running stuff so it's all in one place and easy for me to grab when I'm headed out the door.




I added the hooks on the back wall to hang things like the diaper bag and an extra backpack.
 


Shelves above the hanging area. I have hats, gloves, etc in one, extra blankets and toys in another, and games in the last two.

I love little projects like this that take about an hour, but provide a better result than I'd expected!

No comments: