June 6, 2012

Garage Organizing

Our garage has served as a dumping spot for all things that didn't fit into the house since we moved in here last August. We kept it as organized as we could, but without shelving and just a bunch of random nails, it was pretty difficult. And then we had a yard sale, and when things were done, everything just got shoved back into the garage with no organization. Plus, we were storing some things for my younger brother as well.

Here's the before...and yes, these photos give me anxiety because it's so messy (well, messy for me!):





So I got to work. We bought some shelves, and some hooks to hang the stuff up that we needed to hang.



It took me three days since I only worked on organizing things when the kids napped or after they went to bed. But finally, finally, I'm done! Please ignore the random table in the photos below...we are trying to sell it on Craigslist!




The white shelves right next to the door to the house will be for extra storage as well as for our emergency kit supplies. We're hoping to also get a freezer to keep out here to hold extra food. I'm so happy to be in the garage now. And, I'll be even happier when I get rid of that table! :)


No comments: