August 3, 2012

Product Raves!

So I have been doing some research lately on parabens and what they do to your body and your skin, which is your body's largest organ. As a result, I've been really careful about what I put on my skin lately. I didn't want to throw away some of the things I had that were partially used, so I decided to finish them up and replace them with some paraben free products.

In WA state, we have a great store called Bartell's where you can get the normal drug store things but also a lot of organic, natural skin products. I was in the other week getting some prescriptions, and happened upon the skin care aisle. I was just about out of my cleanser, so I decided to pick up something new and paraben free. I picked up Avalon Organics Lavender Luminosity Skin Cleansing Milk and liked what I read, plus the scent was great, so I decided to give it a try.

http://avalonorganics.com/images/uploads/4ef685a835df7.jpg
It was on sale for $9.99 too, so I figured it was worth a shot. In the past, I've had issues with cleansers that were creamy and not soapy causing me to break out, so I wasn't sure if I'd like this. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I can tell there is already a HUGE difference in my skin. After my pregnancies, my skin was completely different. Really dry and oily in places. I had to use moisturizer twice a day after washing my face. This stuff is amazing. My skin is always moisturized but not greasy. I only use a tiny bit of moisturizer now in the mornings, but at night I have no need for it. It helps my skin retain its natural moisture throughout the day too. And no break outs. And, dare I say, it's making the fine lines I had around my eyes seem to disappear a bit?

I also picked up some Yardly Soap to use in the shower. It's light, the scent is nice and it leaves my skin nicely moisturized (and no parabens!) I will definitely be keeping both of these products into my regime!



https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNK2fncI9tPd_ApbjwJzaxQDm_vgczpLy4KxDx0uLAEeUgs_VSHg









No comments: