May 14, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Month 2

So I'm now onto month 2 of the Pinterest Challenge! Last month, I successfully completed one thing. However, since I didn't start the challenge until the very end of the month, I'm allowing myself to let the craft project slide into this month.

So my plans for this month are to complete one recipe and two craft projects. We're also hosting a garage sale this weekend, and will be earning some money from that which we plan on using to buy storage units for our garage, so there will be a garage makeover (with inspiration drawn from Pinterest) this month as well.

So for this month, I've chosen the following:


This painting, which is from last month. The tutorial is here.


 
These bins...ever since I saw this tutorial on Pinterest (37 weeks ago according to my pin board!) I've been saving diaper boxes. I've got about 9. We bought fabric bins from Target but they are made of thin cardboard and don't really hold up to a toddler leaning on them more than once. So I've had the idea to make these forever, and now is the time to do it!

For the recipe portion, I have chosen the following:

Dump chicken.  One trip to Costco for chicken, a handful of plastic bags, ingredients from the fridge and cupboards, and 15 minutes....7 nights of dinners 

Dump chicken! Apparently it's 7 meals from one Costco chicken bag. I thought this would be good, plus it'd give me a week's worth of meals to use and freeze. The tutorial is here.

No comments: