December 30, 2008

Back to it

So there was Snowpocalypse 2008 where I worked from home for 5 days. Then there was Christmas. What does that equal? Basically two weeks out of my office. And when I was working from home, there was a lot of other multi-tasking being done (baking, cooking, organizing, watching tv, talking on the phone, etc.) so it wasn't all work. So now I'm back to it...although tomorrow is my last day of work this week.

Let's see, what's been going on?
  • On December 18, I celebrated my 4 year wedding anniversary. Alone. Because my husband left early that morning (think 12am early) for Kansas and his youngest brother's college graduation. So I drank a glass or two of wine in celebration and was cooped up in the house as the snow/ice had begun. I can't believe it's been 4 years of marriage...sometimes it seems like so much longer. And I can't believe we've been together for 8 years now. Crazy. We were babies when we got together (he was only 20 and I was 23...made our dates fun cause he couldn't drink on them!)
  • Christmas was good. Santa was very good to my husband, cats and I. I have to upload the photos from my camera and then I'll post some here. We went to mass at 4pm since the roads weren't so great, saw all the cute kids, and then came home where I proceeeded to start dinner. Since my husband is Peruvian, the tradition with them is to eat Christmas dinner at midnight on Christmas Eve. So I have participated in this tradition for the past 4 years we've been married. Dinner was done and served promptly at 12am, we ate and enjoyed and then opened presents then went to bed.
  • Our "big" gift to one another this year (and anniversary present) was a new plasma tv. We spent most of Friday and Saturday looking for one and comparing at every store in WA I think. We finally found one..but this task wasn't made easy because not only were the roads crappy, but no one around here knows how to plow a parking lot, so each one was a virtual mine field of ice, snow, slush and gigantic puddles. I had cold feet for days since all of the lots soaked through my boots and left me chilly. Finally got the tv on Saturday and a good deal, and had to buy a new tv stand as well. I hated our old one so I was not upset.
  • TV and stand are up and look great in our livingroom...old entertainment center is posted on craigslist, but no interest as of yet, so we're hoping soon. It's sitting in our livingroom behind a couch and driving me batty. I need it gone like yesterday!
  • We are looking for a new place to live...house or townhome. 3 bedrooms. We're not in any hurry but would like to find something on the east side or north Seattle for under $1500 a month. I have a feeling we will be visiting a LOT of places.
  • Doing our part to stimulate the economy, my husband has decided to buy his car he's been looking at this month or early next month. Which means we're finally back to two cars! He's been test driving everything under the sun so hopefully he makes his decision soon.
  • I have to get my teeth cleaned soon...even though I take very good care of my teeth, I'm always afraid they're going to find a cavity which = pain for me. Not looking forward to this.
  • My husband's 28th birthday is this Friday. We were planning this really fun 80's themed party (his favorite kind) where we would have all of our friends dress up to celebrate the era he was born in. Well the weather really put a kink in our party planning, so now we're planning a party at the end of the month. But he told me he wanted to go out to dinner or something to celebrate still. When I asked him where he said "Applebees or Olive Garden." Seriously. This man, whom I love, is definitely a quantity over quality type of man when it comes to food. If he could eat Chinese buffet everyday for $3 he would. Food poisoning be damned! So I'm trying to plan a surprise mini-party with two of our closest couple friends and us for Friday. Olive Garden style. And I've bought deep forest chocolate cupcakes for the occasion. His favorite cake, but I can't make it because it's too damn complicated and I have no free time. So hopefully he'll like it!
That's pretty much it...I want to go back to Mexico. Or move back to Florida. I'm cold and this winter seems worse than ever before. Or maybe I need a trip somewhere again? Just got an alert from TravelZoo that Southwest is having a sale on Las Vegas fares from $35 each way from Seattle. And then I checked it out and found a ticket to Orlando for $204. I miss the sunshine, but more importantly, I miss the warmth.

No comments: