March 26, 2012

Two...

So I will post about Santi's birthday and his party soon, but I just wanted to share this photo of my little, not so little boy. I've had a hard time realizing that my baby boy is now two. Two is big. Two is a real little person. Two is talking (with Santi, SO much talking!), fully mobile, RUNNING, testing boundaries, the ability to do things like get on a stool and wash your own hands, climb the stairs alone, discover things, repeat everything, recognize a million symbols including what cars we have (Nissan and Toyota) and point out others when we're out and about.

Two is feeding yourself, thinking about preschool options, picking out clothes in the morning, listening to and following directions. Two is mommy getting ready to really potty train you. Two is mommy and daddy thinking about you transitioning to a toddler bed. Two is turning your car seat around in the car. Two is not a baby, but a full fledged toddler.

So knowing that Gaby is my last baby, having my first baby turn two was life changing for me. And just like that, something happens to remind Mommy that you may be a big boy now but sometimes you're still her baby. Like when we go out to run errands and go to lunch and on the way home, for the first time in almost a year, you fall asleep in the car. And Daddy has to carry you into the house and take off your shoes and jacket while you sleep soundly on his shoulder. So maybe two isn't so big after all, and you can stay Mommy's baby for a little bit longer.

No comments: