June 27, 2011

News!

So the biggest news is....

I'm pregnant!

#2 is due February 2, 2012! We thought we were 7 weeks along but the ultrasound and measurements last week bumped me up a week, so I'm now 8 weeks and 3 days along. We were trying, but didn't think it would happen as quickly as it did, so that was the surprise. We found out when we were back visiting family in Boston.

Here's a little video of our bean:





And to start the updates with this pregnancy, I'm going to go with 9 weeks:

How Far Along: 9 weeks


What "They" Say About Our Baby's Development: "You can’t feel it yet, but those newly formed arms and legs might just very well start your baby moving during this week. Almost a full inch long and about 1/8 an ounce, your baby is looking every day more and more like a little person. This is helped by the shrinking of the embryonic tail we all start with at the base of the spinal cord. The growth of your baby's head, now almost half the size of his or her body, has been impressive in this time, though babies keep them tucked down close to the chest. This week also sees the beginning of nipples and hair follicles. Internally, reproductive organs, either testes or ovaries, are forming as do other internal organs including the pancreas, bile ducts, gallbladder and anus."

Weekly Food Comparison: A Grape

The Good: My injections aren't as hard to take this time around, although I'm definitely looking forward to stopping them after the pregnancy.

The Bad: Nausea. I feel horrible. Which makes it hard to do anything, but especially take care of Santi. I live for when he naps so I can nap. I haven't thrown up much, but just the general nausea all day is enough to take me out.

The Weird: I'm nauseous all the time and hungry all the time. In fact, the only time I'm not nauseous is when I'm eating!

Currently Avoiding: I haven't had any real food aversions this time around. My aversions are to fabrics. Such as I have a pair of sweat pants I was wearing the other night with a drawstring waist I'd long ago knotted. I wanted to untie it but the fabric in my fingers made me nauseous and I eventually threw up!

Craving: Sweets. I never craved sweets with Santi and it's like I can't get enough of them this time!

The Weekly Belly Bump: It's there. I have to take a photo and upload. I feel like I'm bigger than I was at this time with Santi but smaller in a way if that makes sense. I've been working out consistently for the past year, and running too, and I think that's allowing me to fit into non-maternity clothes for longer than last time.

1 comment:

Abeonde said...

congrats Kate!! I'm so excited for you guys!!