September 13, 2010

Fall

I do believe that fall has arrived in the Pacific NW. Not that we really had a summer, in my opinion. I can count on one hand the amount of times we went to the pool or the beach, which is sad. Oh well, fall is fun too...this year we're planning on doing some apple picking, going to a pumpkin patch (we feel like we can do this now because we have a little one!) and we'll also be celebrating my 33rd birthday! What a year it's been for me, but I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Yesterday I ran a 10k race that I'd been training for since June. Not as consistently as I'd like but my goal was to run the entire race and not walk at all. Which I didn't. One blister and some very sore legs and 6.2 miles later, I crossed the finish line, finishing the race in just over an hour. I was pleased with myself, and managed to time the end of the race with Black Eyed Peas song "I Gotta Feeling" which is also the first song I heard on the radio when I got the official confirmation that I was pregnant with Santiago. So that song always makes me think of Santi, and I was running the race with him as my inspiration. Here are a few photos from the day:


With my friend Jess - a great training partner! (And yes, I'm wearing a skirt to run in..."real women run in skirts" don't you know? It has spandex shorts underneath and is seriously the best thing I've ever run in..and it's cute to, so I love it!)


With Santi before the race


With Papa Beto, Tito and Santi before the race


Mid run - one lap down, one to go!



After the race with Jess

With Santi

And just because you all read this blog to see Santi more than you do to see me, here are some of his latest photos - he's wearing his lobster hat, as he's really a "Maine" boy at heart!

No comments: