January 24, 2008

Working out

Workout
I made it to the gym last night for the first time in over two weeks. I was happy to be there, with my new heart monitor and new iPod arm band. I felt like a real "gym rat." So I got there and hopped on the elliptical machine. I upped the intensity to high and cranked away for 35 minutes while watching "Scrubs." (Love the fact that my machine has its own tv on it.)

After that, I started with some weights, and then went to my "step ups" where I step up onto two steps stacked on one another with 8 pound weights in my hands and kick my leg up when I get up on the top of the step. I finished the rest of my workout and then went and got my stuff and walked to the next bus stop down (about 1/2 mile) rather than taking the bus from in front of the gym to get my "cool down" walk in instead of being on the treadmill.

On two embarrassing notes:
While working out on the elliptical, I was going no-hands (I had seen on The Biggest Loser that you can actually burn more calories by actually not hanging on.) I was attempting to adjust my iPod strap on my arm band, and almost lost my balance because I was leaning to the right too much. So I *almost* fell off of the elliptical...in the front row of machines...with about a million people behind me...but I didn't. : )

The other semi-embarrassing thing was that when I went to the weight machines, my trainer was in there. I haven't been in about two weeks and I just pretended I didn't see him and that I was "really focused" on my workout. I was very careful to do things correctly though since I haven't been in so long and because I didn't want him to correct me (like I've had some other trainers there do.) I don't know why I was embarrassed about this, but I was. It took the pressure off when he finally left the room!

No comments: