May 10, 2010

First Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was perfect. Really I didn't expect anything other than spending time with my two guys. I was surprised to be woken up with Tito standing over me with a tray of breakfast and flowers. I looked into the pack and play next to the bed and noticed Santiago wasn't there, and Tito said that he had been "helping" cook, and he was cleaning up (really he was napping in the swing.) :) Tito brought him in and I opened two cards from Tito and Santi, and then opened a sweet gift from Tito. He'd arranged with his mom to get me a bracelet with charms on it and a "K" charm and an "S" charm and a necklace with an S on it from Peru. She'd sent a package about a week ago with some clothes for Santi and had hidden these items in there and Tito had grabbed them before I knew they were in there. They are sweet and I will definitely cherish them - that being said, the necklace isn't 100% my style. It's just a little larger than something I'd normally wear - the tag is like a mini dog tag. So I will wear it, but probably not as often as something I have been eyeing on Etsy for myself. The bracelet is cute though and I'll probably wear that a lot.

After I ate my breakfast, we played with Santi and then got showered and dressed and went to church. It was really nice at the end of the service as they called all of the mothers up to the front for a special blessing. I had been bottle feeding Santi and burping him so I actually brought him up with me. He was charming all of the other mothers around us. :)

After church we came back and had lunch and then went on a walk with our new to us jogging stroller (Thanks T for letting me know about this!) I love the stroller and it's definitely so much easier to walk with than the Snap and Go. So I will be using it often! After the walk we came back and ordered Chinese food, bathed Santi and put him in bed. He slept in his crib for the first time last night and we packed up the PNP! I was a little sad about that and really missed him being in our room, as did Tito, but he was only a few steps away in his room.

He slept really well and had a good night. We had a couple of scares though - he has been sleeping with a wedge/sleep positioner to help his tummy/gas issues. So we transitioned that to the crib. When he was in the PNP, when we didn't swaddle him, we used a blanket and tucked it under each side of the wedge where his weight would hold it down. We'd always only put it up to his middle section, never near his face and it was always tightly tucked and it never moved while he was in there. So we did the same thing in his crib. For some reason though, he was much more wiggly last night than he normally was. So I woke up at 1:30am before he woke up and went in to check on him. I heard him breathing, and didn't turn on the light and didn't see his face. When my eyes adjusted, I realized he had wiggled himself down the sleep positioner through the side portions and was lying with the blanket completely over his face with just the top of his head sticking out! So I grabbed him (he was fine and frankly more bothered that I had woken him) and threw the blanket out of the crib. I walked crying to our room and woke Tito and told him what had happened. Tito said he was fine and for me to calm down. I nursed Santi and changed him and then swaddled him in the idiot swaddler so there was no chance of him wiggling out of it and getting it around his face, and then put him down on the positioner. Two hours later we were woken to him crying as if he was uncomfortable, so we went in to check on him. The little stinker had wiggled down through the positioner again! So needless to say, we are done with the positioner! It's weird that he never did that in the PNP though. And, I have to admit I've been snuggling him a ton today after the scare last night! I am dealing with a ton of mommy guilt this morning!

And lastly, a couple of pics of my boy and I:






No comments: