April 12, 2013

Sneak Peek: Garage Mudroom Update

I've been stalking Pinterest for garage mudroom ideas for awhile, but we didn't have our garage door remote when we moved in to this house (old owners took it) and it literally took us over a year to buy another one. So we didnt need a mudroom since we rarely entered the house from the garage. But one morning I was out running errands with the kids and pulled into Lowes and grabbed one. 18 months, and one hour later, I had it programmed and in the car. This is now how I go in and out of the house 90% of the time with the kids because its the easiest (living in the Pacific NW it rains a lot so I park in there or at least load them in there) and its easy to set the alarm from the garage with our remote FOB.

So I knew it was time to create our mudroom. So far I've hung some cost hooks, assembled a shelf and purchased some buckets for outdoor toy storage and have some hooks for umbrellas, our reusable bags and a boot tray/shoe rack for our shoes. I still need to paint the door and hang a over the door shoe pocket holder that holds our odds and ends, but here's a couple photos of the coat rack I made (purchased one long 2"x4" board that was 8 feet long and had the people at Lowes cut it in half for me. I painted it with some Rustoleum espresso paint and added three silver nickel finish hooks to each one and hung them on the wall.







No comments: