October 27, 2012

35 in 35!

On October 12th, I turned 35 years old. Part of me feels like, "Whoa! When did that happen?" And another part of me feels like, "Age is just a number." I certainly don't feel 35, or at least not how I thought I would feel at 35. I feel good.

I'm in the best shape of my life since high school (maybe better?), eating well, have a great husband and two awesome kids. I am lucky enough to be able to stay home with my kids right now, we have a new (to us) home, just went on a vacation to San Diego and to Peru. We've got great friends and family and relationships with them are better than ever. So things are good.

I was inspired by a friend who recently told me about her and a few girlfriends who were completing a "35 in 35" list - 35 things they'd always wanted to do but hadn't to accomplish in one year. So I decided to create my own list. Since I've been working out more, I added a few fitness related goals on my list, but then I also added some crafty things as well as some fun things (hello couples massage!)

I thought I'd share my list in an attempt to maybe inspire others but also for my own accountability! Feast your eyes on my list of 35 things I'd like to accomplish in my 35th year!

35 in 35 list

1. Take a pottery class
2. Run 2 10k races
3. Run 2 5k races
4. Take a cooking class
5. Have drinks and appetizers at the top of the Space Needle
6. Learn how to knit and make a baby hat
7. Get a couples massage
8. Do a mud run race/obstacle course
9. Pick a charity and donate to it throughout the year either monetarily or through volunteer time
10. Catalog all digital photos on DVDs and print out certain photos for albums
11. Finish at least one non-kid related book a month
12. Find a good red wine I like
13. Pick 5 Pinterest crafts and complete them
14. Pick 10 Pinterest meals and make them
15. Lose 6 more pounds and maintain the loss
16. Finish and plant new garden in yard
17. Travel to one new place with Tito and the kids
18. Take a weekend and go away with just Tito
19. Eat at 6 new restaurants
20. Try something new on the menu of 6 restaurants I've been to regularly
21. Watch 3 movies in the theater
22. Go rollerskating with Tito on a date
23. Adapt 5 new tips from Pinterest into my household routine
24. Start watching Downton Abbey
25. Buy one new vegetable I haven't eaten at the grocery store each trip, learn how to prepare it and eat it
26. Learn how to crochet and make a blanket
27. Take a cake decorating class
28. Take a sewing class
29. Take a wine tasting/pairing class with Tito
30. Do a date night in Seattle with Tito
31.  Do an all free date night with Tito
32. Go indoor skydiving
33. Start a "one line a day" journal for both of the kids
34. Go to Yakima Valley
35. See a show at the 5th Avenue Theater

What are some things you'd like to accomplish by your next birthday? And for good measure, here's me celebrating my 35th in style (my actual birthday was spent traveling home from Peru after 24 hours of delays...but we did get bumped to first class for the last leg of the trip, so that was nice!)
 



 I'm 35!


With my handsome husband!

No comments: