September 20, 2011

And...

So today we went in for our gender ultrasound. I'm just about 20 weeks along, so I knew we'd be able to get a good look as long as the baby cooperated. For a bit I wasn't sure as the baby was moving quite a bit. But after awhile, the baby settled down, and the ultrasound tech was able to get the measurements she needed and then swooped underneath and was able to see that we are having....A GIRL!

I looked right at Tito and said "I told you!" I've felt it was a girl since the beginning of this pregnancy. Just so many things were so different than my pregnancy with Santi. Craving sweets now while when I was pregnant with Santi I couldn't stand the sight of them, being so sick the first trimester, how I'm carrying, that I'm not even in maternity clothes yet (with Santi I was in them at 11 weeks!) etc., etc., etc.

So now we're both excited, and looking at all things pink! Here's a couple of photos from today:



That baby profile looks so much like Santi! So cute! At one point she was in there sucking her thumb which was something we never saw Santi do (and consequently Santi never used a pacifier outside of the hospital NICU.) The bottom one is her right foot - she was stamping on my uterus, which she does quite frequently!

So she'll be here in February, and we're glad to add a girl to our little family, but also to our extended families. In my family, on my mom's side, out of 11 cousins, there are only four girls. And when I was growing up, I was the only girl until I was 10, and then the next girl didn't come until I was 20, and then my cousin had a girl. But all the rest are boys. And on my dad's side, there are only myself and one other girl, with the other 6 cousins who are boys. And with Tito, he's one of three boys, has one cousin on his dad's side who is a girl and one cousin on his mom's side who is a girl. So the families are in need of some pink!

No comments: